Monday, March 3, 2014

SOL 6/31: Writing a SOL


I sit with my computer open staring at a blank page that I am supposed to fill with words. Nothing comes to me though. Desperation takes over. I type a letter to stare at it then delete it a second letter. I am thinking about memories, trips I have taken, experiences I have had but nothing comes to me. I just sit staring blankly at the screen. Then it hits me. So obvious it is funny. I start going on about what I am doing. Like a stream of consciousness. I just sit here writing about how hard it is to write about something. It's funny how things like that work out. I sit here staring at that screen words just coming to me formulating sentences in my mind that come together. All the while new slice ideas come to my mind: skiing, making a movie, frisbee, basketball, olympics, amazing race. All these just suddenly pop out of know where. Sometimes if you just start writing about anything things will just come to you. Well at least I have my next seven slice ideas. At the thought of all this and looking down at my now finished product I laugh out loud.  

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, I feel the same way when words don't come floating into my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete