Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SOL 12/31: Kenny

Kenny,
You ask yourself,
What kind of name is that,
Especially for a cat.
This isn’t South Park,
And especially to go with Cartman
What kind of name is that,
Well it has to be for a cat.

Skinny and heavy feet even though he ways nothing,
Spotted gray tabby fur,
He sulks in shadows.
He thinks he is sneaky but really isn’t.

On his cat castle he climbs,
Swinging from one hand to the next like a chimp,
Barely holding on except with the tips of his claws.
Spastic and frantic,
He runs like a chicken with his head cut off.

He gives us crazed looks,
Glossy big eyes and toothy grins.
Always on edge,
Never a moment to relax for him.

He is loving though always cares,
Cares for me and my family,
Acts like a watch dog.

He is great.

6 comments:

  1. I like phrase- "Acts like a watch dog." Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you rhyme some phrases but not others, it really worked somehow. I have cats too so I could connect to this. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a cat, but something about this was really appealing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont have a cat either, but I still love them. Your cat sounds like it is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, JP. This especially: "He gives us crazed looks, / Glossy big eyes and toothy grins." I feel like I have a good feel for your cat without having ever met him. You have excellent sensory details. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like a great cat, with an interesting look at life. Guess that's like most cats! You've shown Kenny off well, JP, with all the action details.

    ReplyDelete