Sunday, March 23, 2014

SOL 23/31: Glasses


I stare down the road and I realize for the first time in my life I can't see anything. Everything is must colorful blurs. I close My right eye and it gets worse. I close y left sand open the right. It gets better but still blurry. My mom looks over at me and sees me doing this odd routine and asks what I am doing. I say "well for the first time in my life I might need glasses. Especially on my left side. she says "well that doesn't surprise me, both your dad and I have bad vision." I nod and go on to think about what the people at school will say when I wear the new feature to my face.

I then am at the eye doctors to get my prescription. After a series of clicks and bright things shining in my eye he tells me I have the prescription of three quarters in my left eye and a quarter in my right. I nod still slightly nervous of what I will look like and what people will think of me.

Next I arrive at the glasses store clutching my prescription so tightly my buckles are white. "Well this is it." I say. My mom just looks over at me and nods. I walk through the doors staring at all of the different frames I can get. Thick, skinny, wire, black, brown, blue, anything you can think of they had it was like a mall. I see a little corner and I am drawn to it. It has plastic frame glasses with lenses medium size in the the different colors you want. I pick up one and try it on. I shake my head put it away and try another. I then go through this whole shelf except one pair. They are a simple mat black that looks good, feels nice and comfortable. I look over at my mom and nod. She immediately understands that this are the glasses I want and there is no changing it. I walk out of the shop with my glasses in hand and a little smirk comes across my face. I think to myself "maybe glasses won't be the worst thing."

1 comment:

  1. I have been through this same experience, my right eye is worse than my left. Nice slice.

    ReplyDelete