Monday, February 24, 2014

SOL 3/31: Going out to Dinner

I run up to my room take the quickest of showers having just come from a practice then throw on a collard t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Bursting back down stairs I grab a hoodie and we are out the door. I hop in the front seat to remember I have to ride in the back. I climb back over. The rest of my family slowly trudges out. We are going to my favorite dinner place, Table 6. We arrive and I hop out so excited. I then yank open the door of the restaurant. We are seated at a place where I can walk the chefs cooking. I glance over the menu and decide to get there pork belly scharma to start then the braised short ribs with a cherry glaze. Our waiter comes over and takes our orders. Are usual dinner discussions take up most of the talk. We talk about our days and then planning for the next month of the weekend or what and where our next trip is going to be. When the food arrives the rest of the evening turns to a blur. I remember great smells and succulent flavors but the next thing I know is I a stuffed sitting in the back of the car riding hope with a grin that not one thing could wipe off my face.

3 comments:

  1. It does a good job of capturing the excitement of the night, although you could have done a little more editing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go eat here. Yum! Your final line is really great, encompassing both the idea of eating and of the excitement you had for this night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, J.P. I agree with Kam, I want to eat there! I also like your final line.

    ReplyDelete