Monday, February 24, 2014

SOL 2/31: Caramel Macchiato

I sit there browsing over the menu even though I know exactly what I am going to get. I'm next in line hoping that this morning I will not only get my coffee but also a pastry. I tell myself probably not unless I'm lucky. I glance at my watch hoping the line will speed up so I am not late for spanish. After waiting for two more minutes while the lady in front of us orders what seems to be the most elaborate drink it is finally my turn.

"Hi welcome to Starbucks, what can I get for you?"

"Hi can I get a Caramel Macchiato."

Now I having ordered I go and stand right where I can see what they are doing. After what seems like ages of waiting I finally hear the lady say

"I have a Caramel Macchiato."

I burst forward and swipe the drink before she can set it down. I start draining it. The coffee and caramel concoct a sweet roasted taste that is my favorite. The coffee is just the perfect temperature. The more the drink disappears the large the grin on my face becomes.

3 comments:

  1. The joy of a good morning drink is well presented here JP. I like the last paragraph, how it shows urgency, need, and satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite drink is the caramel macchiato. Your blog really showed how much of a rush you were in that morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JP - I can relate so much to the feeling of being in line behind someone with the most elaborate drink order possible. You captured a familiar moment so well! Looking forward to more Slices from you.

    ReplyDelete