Monday, February 24, 2014

SOL 1/31: Breakfast

Hi my name is JP and I am in 8th grade. I live in Colorado. I play water polo and have been skiing since I was two. I go to Logan. If you read through my teachers intro then you will know bout units. I had two units during the year (Structural Engineering and Codes/Ciphers) and now I have another unit which is 50 years of James Bond.

I tromp down the stairs groggy eyes and wet hair from my shower. I grab for the cereal and dump way to much into the now overflowing bowl. With a sigh I bend over and pick up what I dropped on the floor then grab my bowl and dump bout half of it back into the box. Reaching into the fridge I grab the milk and dump again way to much into the bowl. Now milks all over the counter. Getting frustrated I grab a paper towel and mop up the spilled milk then draining a bunch of the milk so I can carry it over to the table. I grab my bowl over cereal, that took two times as long as it should have, and on the way to the table just grab the whole jug of orange juice taking a big long gulp of the way. I sit down at the table to realize I forgot a spoon. With another sigh I stand make up and shuffle over to get a spoon. Finally with everything made I sit down and grab the sports section looking at scores, rankings, stats & the most recent athlete to get cut of suspended for drugs. After reading a couple of articles I throw it aside and finish up my cereal.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, cereal, what a challenging food :) My pouring food on the counter usually takes the form of either milk for my coffee or the coffee itself. In my defense, it is said coffee that wakes me up enough to have motor control, so spilling it cannot really be said to be my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone can relate to the challenges of breakfast when you'd rather be sleeping. Excellent voice within this piece to show your frustration but also in being too tired to really show it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how that feels. I really liked the description you used when putting the milk back in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of the descriptions. Like Gavin, I understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when that happens but it's funny when its in a story

    ReplyDelete