Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week 9: See You at Harry's

This week I read See you at Harry's by Jo Knowles. Let me start by saying this book was extremely sad. I have never cried at a book before this one. It was extremely good but really sad. It's about a girl named Fern who feels lonely and feels like nobody notices her. She is just going into middle school which is attached to the high school where her brother goes. Her brother has some secrets which cause him trouble. Then she tries to get involved and finds out more about her brother than she expected. Then her life really starts to turn up side down. She goes through some rough times and has only her friends Ran and Cassie to support her. Then a life changing accident happens which she blames on herself. This book is sort of a drama, I don't really know what else to call it. It is 320 pages long. I really loved this book. I loved the way it was written and I just couldn't put it down. Overall a great book.

Next week I am going to read Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott.

4 comments: