Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week #7: Ender's Game

This week I read Ender's Game by Orson Card. This is a really good bool in my opinion. It about a boy who is put  in control of a International Fleet to destroy aliens named the buggers. He is put through tons of training and is put into a simulator that helps train him to be the best pilot he could. It is a super easy read. It is only 352 pages. I really enjoyed the action in this book and the author kept on tricking me with the age of Ender. When he was 12 it seemed like he was actually 18 which was fun. I would put this in the fantastical/futuristic action genre. Lot of things that are not possible right now but maybe in a hundred years happened in this book. So right now it is all a fantasy to us but it becomes a possibility in the future. Overall this is a great book. Does anybody know if there is a sequel also because it is set up to have one and it says book number one but I can't find it?

Next week I am going to read House of Hades by Rick Riordan.

6 comments:

  1. Almost everyone has read this book and almost everyone loves it! I have read it and I did like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second book in the series I believe is called "Speaker of the Dead," but don't quote me on it. I liked reading this book, and I might look for the sequel too. I would have liked your post more if I could read it! JK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book as well. However, the author is an idiot when it comes to politics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I read it but i didn't. I'll prob throw it on my list

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this book yet (strokes newfound beard).....I'd better get on that.
    Thank's for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to read this book over the summer but never got around to it. Maybe I'll give it another try.

    ReplyDelete