Monday, September 23, 2013

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock: Week #4

This week I read Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. To start off with I am going to say this was a really sad book. It showed how depressed this kid was. It is about a boy named Leonard Peacock and he is gay so he is always made fun of or been awkward around people. Finally he has had enough and decides he should kill himself. Before he kills himself though he has five missions. He has to deliver presents to four different people then kill his former best friend then himself. This book goes through flashbacks of his life and then it goes back to the present and him giving his four gifts. One to a neighbor, then another to one of his teachers, then another to a musician and finally to a girl. Once he finishes that he is going to take a gun and kill his former best friend and then himself. This is a really mature and sad but really good book. It explains the struggles and hardship this boy has been through. It deals with a lot of very tough and controversial topics. It is almost a drama/adventure book. If you feel like you are ready to take on a really tough hard book then you will love this book. It is a super easy/quick read. It is only 288 pages. I loved this book, it would definitely go on my top five favorite books ever. Overall great book really suggest it.

My book next week is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit like a book i read called "Thirteen Reasons Why."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three of those are already on my TBR: Forgive Me Leonard Peacock, The Night Circus, and Thirteen Reasons Why.
      Forgive Me Leonard Peacock sounds really emotional and interesting, but from what Kam said, The Night Circus is a real gem. Hope it's interesting!

      Delete
  2. This book sounds amazing but really depressing! Do you think that this book makes people wonder if what they do affects people negatively?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really interesting, I'll add it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this is in high demand right now, so I probably won't get to it for a couple of months, but I am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy sad books at an amount that is frightening and shocking. i am going to read this.

    ReplyDelete