Monday, September 2, 2013

JP's Introduction

Hi my name is JP. As a reader I am a fan of any adventure, action or historically based novels. I also love topics ranging from mythology to war to survival. I much prefer fiction over non-ficition but there are some non-fiction books I am a big fan of. My top three favorite boos or series are probably Watership Down by Richard Adams, Black Ships Before Troy by Rosemary Sutcliff and a series of war novels by Jeff Sharra. Watership Down is my all time favorite book. It is a great action and adventure story about bunnies and getting through rough times. It is almost 500 pages but the read goes by really quickly. Black Ships Before Troy is a great book for anyone who loves mythology, war or just a good story. It is an action filled book with heroes, mischief and deception. Jeff Sharra is a great author who has written multiple war novel series. These books are chalk full of of strategies and history but it is written in a fun and intriguing way. One of my favorite series he has written is about WWII. It is a four book series. The first book is about Rommel, Montgomery and the North African campaign. The second one is about Bradley, Montgomery, D-day and Normandy. The third book is about The fall of Hitlers Eagle nest and working their way there. Then finally the last book is about the war in the Pacific and Pearl Harbor. Any one who is a fan of war novel I strongly suggest them. They are super well written and told from all perspectives of soldiers and officers on both sides. As you can see I am a huge fan of adventure action and history.    

8 comments:

  1. Those books sound very interesting I'll definitely try to read them

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP,
    I still need to read Watership Down. I remember seeing the old cartoon movie when I was really little but don't remember much more than rabbits. I'm adding it to my TBR right now. If you like a good war novel, you should consider reading books by Leon Uris. He has several books during and after WWII that are amazing for the characters and the stories they tell. My favorite book of his is Battle Cry, which follows soldiers in the Pacific Theatre during WWII. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Watership Down! My brother read it and also thought it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they all sound interesting! I'll try to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw, i like the design of you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JP,
    I read many war novels/non-fiction books and am very interested in the Jeff Shaara books. You might like Band of Brothers (posted on my blog). Thank you for pointing me on the path of a new series.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually read band of brothers last year and really enjoyed it. I found it was an amazing story.

      Delete