Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 1 Book Insurgent

This week I read Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Insurgent is the sequel to the book Divergent. For a sequel I thought this was a really great book. It really intrigues you and gets you really sucked into it. It is extremely well written. It paints a picture in your mind as you read and it seems as if you are standing right there while the whole thing happens. I will warn you that at the end there is a huge cliff hanger so you might want to wait to read this series until the third book comes out then it is easy to blow through them all without having to wait. This book is in the action/adventure genre I would say. If you are a fan of the Hunger Games, as I am, then you will like this book most likely a lot more. This book is about a sixteen year old girl who finds herself in the middle of a mind control war. The only thing is she is one of the few who can't be mind controlled and therefore they are fighting the war over them. Some people want to kill them all, while others want to save them. The book is full of adventures, fighting, some spies, and a lot of guns. This is a easy read especially because it is a book you can't set down. Overall this is a great book that I strongly suggest.
My TBR List is:

  • To His Last Man
  • The Steel Wave
  • No Less Than Victory
  • The Final Storm
  • Gone For Soldiers
  • Fahrenheit 451
  • See You At Harry's
  • Elanor and Park
  • The Client
  • Night Circus
  • Leonard Peacock
And next week I plan to read To His Last Man.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, I opened the link and the color made my mind explode...
    This series is amazing!
    Guess what... Allegiant comes out on October 22!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started to read this series yet, but it sounds cool and I want to read it soon. Did Chelsea sign anyone lately?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Divergent, and Insurgent was pretty good for a sequel. I have no idea what they could do in a third. I guess we'll just have to wait.

    ReplyDelete