Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dracula: Week 2 Classics

This week I finished reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. Dracula is about a man named Jonathan Harker who is invited to visited Transylvania and stay at Count Dracula's palace. Some weird occurrences happen on Jonathan's way to stay with the Count. When he arrives though he finds the palace completely empty to everyone but the Count himself. This is weird because if you have a palace it is commonly known that you have many servants to attend to your needs. Later Jonathan finds that Count does everything himself. He finds the count cooking and changing his bed sheets. The other weird thing is the Count makes reappearing disappearances during the day and always says he has had dinner before Jonathan. Jonathan gets very suspicious and tries to figure out a way to escape. He finds that he cannot escape. After a while though he does escape and heads back to London deathly pale and refusing to tell anyone what happens. He then marries. That's when it happens. friends all around him turn up deathly pale and ill. When this continues to happen he gets extremely worried and calls on doctors to help. The doctors are completely puzzled. Only later does Jonathan find that it was the Count who struck his loved ones.

I feel this book is a classic because of the writing style and it was probably pretty popular in that day and age. It is a very well known story and the original copy of it also. I feel that it does deserve it's title as a classic but it is just not my favorite in general. I did not enjoy this book but I can definitely see alot of people liking this type of book.

This book was not my favorite it was a little boring and hard to keep reading it. It is 497 pages long and definitely takes a while to get the story going. I guess I would suggest it but it is very dry in my opinion. Anyone in our class can read it but it would defiantly be a two week book in general. Overall it was not my favorite book.

No comments:

Post a Comment